Womens Surf & Pilates Camp
The Art of Surfing is running a women-only surf and pilates camp in Mt Maunganui, in collaboration with Reform Fitness.
Date(s): 13 Feb 2021 – 14 Feb 2021
8:30 am – 4:30 pm
Want to get healthy and fit and feel your best in the water? This experience offers female surfers the unique opportunity to perfect their technique and improve their fitness with professional guidance.
You’ll get personalised coaching from The Art Of Surfing while working on your fitness with Jane Gibson, owner and head trainer at Reform Fitness Mt Maunganui.
Reform combines a dynamic and functional approach to fitness, using the reformer pilates machine to increase core strength, balance and overall endurance. At the same time, we’ll analyse your surfing technique and give you specific instructions to help you improve – all within a fun, friendly environment.
This exciting opportunity will make you a better surfer while bringing out the best version of you.
Located in beautiful Mt Maunganui, this camp will see you surfing fun waves in the sun while creating a strong, fit body for lifelong surfing.
We’ll meet at Hart Street reserve each morning to find the best bank to surf for the group’s level and avoid crowds as much as possible.
Then we will meet at Reform Fitness on Newton Street for our surf review sessions and pilates training.
Held in Mt Maunganui over two days, this camp includes:
- Two days of coaching with The Art of Surfing and Reform Fitness
- 3 x surf sessions
- 2 x video review sessions
- 2 x Reform Fitness Pilates sessions
- Goodie Bag
- Guaranteed fun and sore buns
- Filmed surfing sessions
- Video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Equipment evaluation and advice
- A copy of all your video footage from the camp
Reformer Pilates sessions focusing on:
- Functional movements to improve surf specific fitness.
- Core strength and balance and understanding the relationship between these to help when on the water.
- An overall full-body, low impact workout