Summer Grom Camp
The Art Of Surfing (TAOS) is returning to Whangamata for our annual “Summer Grom Camp” for frothing young male and female surfers between the ages of twelve and seventeen.
Date(s): 19-22 Jan 2021
9:00 am – 3:30 pm
The Art Of Surfing “Summer Grom Camp” will be held on the playful beach breaks of Whangamata and surrounding Coromandel beaches.
4 days packed with surfing, heat-drills, video-analysis, skateboarding and a road trip to find pumping waves.
THE CAMP IS OPEN TO 9 SURFERS (first-in first-served basis)
Whangamata has a variety of beach breaks and sand bars and offers some of the most grom friendly waves during the NZ summer.
We will meet at the Whangamata Motor Camp, where we will be based for the camp.
From there, we will launch multiple surfing-related adventures around the Whangamata area!
Held in Whangamata over four days, this camp includes:
- Four days of surf coaching with The Art of Surfing
- Three nights of accommodation from Jan 19 – 22
- Transport throughout the camp
- Smoothstar skateboard simulation sessions
- Road trip to find pumping waves
Kids can be dropped off at 9:00 am on the 19th January and picked up at 2:00 pm on the 22nd January.
WHO CAN GO
Best suited to Groms surfing at an intermediate to advanced surfing level and caters for frothing young male and female surfers between the ages of twelve and seventeen.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Filmed surfing sessions
- Video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Equipment evaluation and advice
- A copy of all your footage from the camp