Progress your surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment. Our professionally guided seven-week Micro Grom Squad Programme kicks off on Wednesday, May 22 in Mount Maunganui.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Maximum group size of eight
- Water safety
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 Surfers
This programme is designed for kids aged 8-9 who have their own surfboard and are at least paddling into their own waves. Parents may be required to go in the water if necessary.
Each session will begin at Omanu Beach Carpark, Surf Road in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3.30pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Omanu, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
Matt Scorringe – TAOS Head Coach
Alex Dive – TAOS Coach
Levi Stewart – TAOS Coach
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water