Sorry our Micro Groms Squad is now fully booked.
However we still have spaces left in our Development Squad!
Learn the fundamentals of surfing technique, equipment and water safety.
Date(s): 16 October 2019 – 4 December 2019
Wednesdays, 3:30pm – 5pm
Omanu, Mount Maunganui
Progress your surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment. Our professionally guided seven-week Micro Grom Squad Programme kicks off on Wednesday, October 16 and ends on Wednesday, December 4. Please note the week of Wednesday, November 20 will be a break week.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 Surfers
This programme is designed for kids aged 8-10 who have their own surfboard and are at least paddling into their own waves. Parents may be required to go in the water if necessary.
Each session will begin at Omanu Beach Carpark, Surf Road in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3.30pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Omanu, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
Matt Scorringe – TAOS Head Coach
Alex Dive – TAOS Coach
Levi Stewart – TAOS Coach
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water