Work on your technique and develop your competitive skills in a fun and safe environment. Our professionally guided seven-week Junior Squad Programme kicks off on Thursday, May 23 in Mount Maunganui.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Maximum group size of eight
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Competition heat drills and training
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 2 & 3 Surfers
This programme is designed for advanced-level kids aged 13-17 who have their own surfboard and are confidently catching peeling waves and attempting turns on the open face.
Each session will begin at Omanu Beach Carpark, Surf Road in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3.30pm – 5pm.
If the surf is too big at Omanu, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
Matt Scorringe – TAOS Head Coach
Alex Dive – TAOS Coach
Levi Stewart – TAOS Coach
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water