Micro Groms Squad
Learn the fundamentals of surfing technique, equipment and water safety.
Mondays & Wednesdays, 7:30am – 9am
Date(s): 18 Jan 2021 – 27 Jan 2021
Cost $189 ( 4 Session Block)
Progress your surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment these school holidays.
Our professionally guided Micro Groms Squad Programme consists of 4 sessions over 2 weeks with Raiha Ensor.
Monday 18th Jan – Wednesday 20th Jan – Monday 25th Jan – Wednesday 27th Jan
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety
- In-water coaching
- Peak positioning and wave selection drills
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Equipment advice
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training when flat
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 Surfers
This programme is designed for both boys and girls aged 8-11 who have their own surfboard and are beginning to paddle into their own waves.
Parents may be required to go in the water if necessary.
Each session will begin at Grove Ave in Mount Maunganui and will run from 7.30 am – 9 am.
We will meet on the grass where Grove Ave meets Marine Parade and find the best bank for the day’s session from there.
If the surf is too big at Grove Ave, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each session will be run by our qualified coach Raiha Ensor.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water