U10 Micro Groms
Progress your surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment.
Our professionally guided six-week Micro Grom Squad Programme kicks off on Wednesday, October 20th in Mount Maunganui.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety & ocean knowledge
- Board control
- Paddle and duck dive training
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 2 Surfers
This programme is designed for kids aged 8-10 who have their own surfboard, can catch their own waves and trim across the green wave.
Parents may be required to go in the water if necessary.
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3.30 pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water
- Smoothstar & helmet when advised