U16 Junior Boys
This programme is designed for intermediate-level kids aged 16 and under who have their own surfboard, catch their own waves and need no assistance in the ocean.
Tuesdays, 3:30pm – 5pm
Date(s): 4 May 2021 – 8 June 2021
Coach – Matt Scorringe
Work on your technique and develop your competitive skills in a fun and safe environment.
Master the fundamentals of surfing techniques, competitive surfing and equipment.
Our professionally guided six-week Junior Boys Squad Programme kicks off on Tuesday, May 4th in Mount Maunganui.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Competition Drills
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 2 & 3 Surfers
This programme is designed for intermediate-level kids aged 13-16 who have their own surfboard, catch their own waves and need no assistance in the ocean.
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3.30 pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water