U12 Grom Squad
This programme is designed for advanced under 12 surfers who are already competing in competitions and looking to perfect their manoeuvres.
Monday, 3:30pm – 5pm
Date(s): 3 May 2021 – 7 June 2021
Coach – Matt Scorringe
Perfect your surfing technique and learn to compete at a high level in our level 3 grom squad programme.
Our professionally guided six-week U12 Grom Squad Programme kicks off on Monday, May 3rd.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3:30 pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water
- Smoothstar & helmet when advised