U12 Grom Squad
This programme is designed for more experienced kids 12 years of age and under who have their own surfboard, are confidentially paddling into their own waves and developing their manoeuvres.
Thursday, 3:30pm – 5pm
Date(s): 21 Oct 2021 – 25 Nov 2021
Coach – Matt Scorringe
Progress your surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment.
Master the fundamentals of surfing techniques, competitive surfing and equipment.
Our professionally guided six-week U12 Grom Squad Programme kicks off on Thursday, October 21st.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 2 & 3 Surfers
This programme is designed for more experienced kids aged 10-12 who have their own surfboard, are confidentially paddling into their own waves and developing their manoeuvres.
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3:30 pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water
- Smoothstar & helmet when advised