U12 Grom Squad
Our level 1 grom squad is designed for U12 boys that are building their confidence to catch their own waves and developed their ocean knowledge.
Mondays, 3:30pm – 5pm
Date(s): 18 Oct 2021 – 22 Nov 2021
Coach – Matt Scorringe
Learn the fundamentals of surfing techniques, ocean knowledge and equipment.
Work on your technique and develop your confidence in a fun and safe environment.
Our professionally guided six-week Grom Squad Programme kicks off on Monday, October 18th in Mount Maunganui.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety & ocean knowledge
- Board control
- Paddle and duck dive training
- In-water coaching on peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 Surfers
This programme is designed for novice-level kids aged 10-12 who have their own surfboard, catch their own waves in 1-2 ft but still need assistance in 3ft surf.
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3.30 pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water
- Smoothstar & helmet when advised