The Art Of Surfing (TAOS) will be running a coaching course in Gisborne for all junior surfers in the region who are looking to take their surfing to a higher performance level.
Date: 29-30 June 2019
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Most junior surfers develop bad habits while learning. If left unchecked, these habits can limit their progression through those crucial development years.
Our coaching programmes help surfers identify how to correct their technique using the latest technology to demonstrate training methods aimed at eliminating performance flaws.
We’ll meet at Wainui Beach School Carpark. From there we’ll find the best bank to surf for the group’s level and avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Filmed surfing sessions
- Venue analysis and peak positioning overview
- Video analysis using state-of-the-art analysis software
- Side-by-side pro/client comparison
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct surfing technique
- Board evaluation and equipment advice
- A copy of all HD footage from the course (bring an 8-GB USB)
WHO CAN GO
Our grom courses are available to all recreational and competitive junior surfers, aged 9-17, who can catch waves unassisted and want to take their surfing to a higher performance level.
A TYPICAL DAY
8:30am: Coach meet and greet with participants, then find a surfing spot
9:00am – 10:30am: Filmed surfing session #1
11:00am – 12:00pm: Video analysis of first session
12:00am – 12:30pm: Lunch
12:30pm – 1:00pm: Discussion of instructions and goals for surfing session #2
1:00pm – 2:30pm: Surfing session #2
2:30pm – 3:00pm: On-beach analysis and feedback of session #2