Learn the fundamentals of surfing techniques, competitive surfing and equipment.
Date(s): 13 Feb 2020 – 26 March 2020
Thursdays, 6:30 am – 8 am
Hart St, Mt Maunganui
Work on your technique and develop your competitive skills in a fun and safe environment.
Our professionally guided seven-week Girls Squad Programme kicks off on Thursday, Feburay 13th.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Competition heat drills and training
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 & 2 Surfers
This programme is designed for girls aged 10-17 who have their own surfboard and are confidently catching peeling waves and attempting turns on the open face.
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 6.30 am – 8 am.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water