U16 Junior Girls
Our Junior Girl’s Squad is designed for girls who have their own surfboard, catch their own waves and need no assistance in the ocean.
Ages 12 -16
Thursdays, 6:30am – 8am
Date(s): 21 Oct 2021 – 25 Nov 2021
Coach – Matt Scorringe
Work on your technique and gain confidence in a fun and safe environment.
Learn the fundamentals of surfing techniques, competitive surfing and equipment.
Our professionally guided six-week Junior Girls Squad Programme kicks off on Thursday, October 21st.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Competition heat drills and training
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 6.30 am – 8 am.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water