Our girl’s squad is designed for girls who are confidently catching peeling waves and can complete turns on the open face consistently.
Ages 12 -17
Thursdays, 6:30 am – 8 am
Date(s): 15 Oct 2020 – 26 Nov 2020
Work on your technique and develop your competitive skills in a fun and safe environment.
Our professionally guided seven-week Girls Squad Programme kicks off on Thursday, October 26th.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- Competition heat drills and training
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 6.30 am – 8 am.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water