This programme is designed for more experienced kids who have their own surfboard and are confidentially paddling into their own waves.
Tuesday, 6:30am – 8am
Date(s): 13 Oct 2020 – 24 Nov 2020
Progress your surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment.
Learn the fundamentals of surfing techniques, equipment and water safety.
Our professionally guided seven-week Dawny Squad Programme kicks off on Tuesday, October 13th.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 6.30 am – 8 am.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water
- Smoothstar & helmet when advised