Learn the fundamentals of surfing techniques, equipment and water safety.
Date(s): 11 Feb 2020 – 24 March 2020
Tuesday, 6:30am – 8am
Hart St, Mt Maunganui
Progress your surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment.
Our professionally guided seven-week Dawny Squad Programme kicks off on Tuesday, Febuary 11th.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety
- In-water peak positing and wave selection
- Filmed surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 Surfers
This programme is designed for kids aged 8-13 who have their own surfboard and are at least paddling into their own waves. Parents may be required to go in the water if necessary.
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 6.30 am – 8 am.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water
- Smoothstar & helmet when advised