The Art Of Surfing (TAOS) will be running a competition course in Mt Maunganui for all junior surfers who are looking to take their competitive surfing to a higher level.
Date – 29 Jan 2021
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Mt Maunganui, NZ
Join The Art Of Surfing surf coach, Levi Stewart for a day fine-tuning your competition tactics and strategies.
- Current WQS Surfer
- 2 x NZ Open Rankings Runner Up
- Multiple New Zeland World Team Member
- Specializes In Competition Format and Strategies
Mt Maunganui has some of the most grom friendly waves during the NZ summer.
We’ll meet at Tay Street beach reserve. From there we’ll find the best bank to surf for the group’s level and avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Prepare your mindset like a professional athlete
- High pressure drills to build resilience
- Plan your heat strategy’s, A – B – C
- Learn your ideal pre heat routine
- Filmed surfing sessions
- Board evaluation and equipment advice
- A copy of all HD footage from the course
A TYPICAL DAY
8:30 am: Coach meet and greet with participants, then find a surfing spot
9:00 am – 10:30 am: Heat simulation session
11:00 am – 12:00 pm: Review and breakdown of heats
12:00 am – 12:30 pm: Lunch break (food lunch not included)
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm: Discussion of pre heat routines & heat strategy’s
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm: High-pressure drills session
2:30 pm – 3:00 pm: On-beach review and course wrap up
3:00 pm – Coaching course finished for the day