U10 Micro Groms
Learn how to catch your own waves, pop up on your board correctly and generate speed down the line.
Tuesdays, 3:30pm – 5pm
Date(s): 19 Oct 2021 – 23 Nov 2021
Coach – Matt Scorringe
New to our programmes or still riding your foamie?
Then come learn the fundamentals of surfing technique, equipment and water safety.
Our professionally guided six-week Micro Grom Squad Programme kicks off on Tuesday, October 19th.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Water safety
- Ocean knowledge
- Board control
- Paddle and duck dive training
- Instructions and training methods to correct your surfing technique
- On-land SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad programme
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 Surfers
This programme is designed for kids aged 8-10 who have their own surfboard and are beginning to paddle into their own unbroken waves but haven’t yet mastered speed generation or turns.
Parents may be required to go in the water if necessary.
Each session will begin at Hart St beach reserve, Marine Parade in Mount Maunganui and will run from 3:30 pm – 5 pm.
If the surf is too big at Hart St, we’ll relocate to Main Beach, Mount Maunganui.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our qualified coaches.
WHAT TO BRING
For coaching sessions, please bring whatever you’d usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after your surf session for the video review
- Surf watch, if you have one
- Drinking water
- Smoothstar & helmet when advised