The Art Of Surfing (TAOS)will be running a coaching course in Mount Maunganui for all adult recreational surfers in the region who are looking to take their surfing to a higher performance level.
Date: 15 June 2019
8:30 am – 3:00 pm
Mount Maunganui, NZ
Feel like your surfing has plateaued? Don’t worry – you’re not alone. It’s a common problem for people who’ve been surfing recreationally for some time. Surfers usually develop bad habits they’re not aware of, so they simply make the same mistake over and over again. If that sounds familiar, there’s a good chance it’s because no-one has ever shown you the correct technique to help you improve. Our coaching will give you the feedback you need, along with concrete steps to improve.
We’ll meet at Hart Street reserve. From there we’ll find the best bank to surf for the group’s level and avoid crowds as much as possible.
- Filmed surfing sessions
- Venue analysis and peak positioning overview
- Video analysis using state-of-the-art analysis software
- Side-by-side pro/client comparison
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct surfing technique
- Board evaluation and equipment advice
- A copy of all HD footage from the course (bring an 8-GB USB)
A TYPICAL DAY
8:30am: Coach meet and greet with participants, then find a surfing spot
9:00am – 10:30am: Filmed surfing session #1
11:00am – 12:00pm: Video analysis of first session
12:00am – 12:30pm: Lunch
12:30pm – 1:00pm: Discussion of instructions and goals for surfing session #2
1:00pm – 2:30pm: Surfing session #2
2:30pm – 3:00pm: On-beach analysis and feedback of session #2