Date(s) - 12 Feb 2019 - 27 Mar 2019
3:30 pm - 6:45 pm
The Art Of Surfing Term 1 seven week “After Grom Squad Programs” kicks off on Tuesday 12th February in Mount Maunganui. The weekly sessions cover the fundamentals of surfing technique, equipment and water safety.
The programs are available to kids aged between 8-17 years of age who have their own surfboard and are at least paddling into their own waves. Parents may be required to go in the water if needed.
Each session will run over 1.5 hours and will offer participants the chance to progress their surfing, gain confidence and make new friends in a fun and safe environment under the guidance of The Art Of Surfing.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our fully qualified coaches;
Matt Scorringe – TAOS Head Coach
Alex Dive – TAOS Coach
Levi Stewart – TAOS Coach
• Learn water safety
• In water peak positing & wave selection coaching
• Surfing session with video analysis
• Identification and discussion of problem areas
• Instructions and training methods to correct surfing technique
• SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
• Equipment advice