Date(s) - 06 Feb 2018 - 10 Apr 2018
3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
The Art Of Surfing (TAOS) will be running a 7 Week Grom Squad Programme in Mount Maunganui for kids aged 10-12 years old beginning Tuesday 6th February. The weekly sessions will cover fundamentals of technique, competitive surfing and equipment.
The programme is available to kids aged 10-12 years old in the region who have their own surfboard, catch their own waves and need no assistance in the ocean.
Each session will run over 1.5 hours from 3.30pm – 5.00pm and will offer participants the chance to work on technique and competitive skills in a fun and safe environment under the guidance of The Art Of Surfing.
Tuesday 6th February
Tuesday 13th February
Tuesday 20th February
Tuesday 20th March
Tuesday 27th March
Tuesday 3rd April
Tuesday 10th April
3:30PM – 5:00PM
Omanu beach carpark
• In water peak positing & wave selection coaching
• Surfing session with video analysis
• Identification and discussion of problem areas
• How to surf to the judging criteria
• Competition heat drills and training
• Instructions and training methods to correct surfing technique
• SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
• Equipment advice
WHAT IF ITS FLAT I HEAR YOU SAY?
If there is no waves bring your skateboard (SmoothStar preferably) and we will run an on land surf simulation training session using SmoothStar skateboards to perfect your technique. Some SmoothStar boards will be provided by The Art Of Surfing.
$200.00 for 7 week programme
This event is fully booked.